Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Latest News: Taylor Swift speaks out on canceled Vienna shows — and explains why she waited until now

Published

on

Taylor Swift

 

Taylor Swift is breaking her silence after a foiled terror plot led to three of her “Eras Tour” shows in Vienna, Austria, being canceled earlier this month.

Austrian police confirmed on Aug. 7 that they arrested two men who had allegedly planned to carry out attacks on major Vienna events, including Swift’s concerts.

Swift’s Vienna shows (Aug. 8, 9 and 10) were subsequently canceled, with all tickets being automatically refunded. At the time, Swift did not speak out about the foiled plot and went on to wrap up the European leg of her tour with several shows in London.

Now, in a post shared Aug. 21, Swift is explaining why she waited to post about what happened in Vienna.

“Having our Vienna shows cancelled was devastating. The reason for the cancellations filled me with a new sense of fear, and a tremendous amount of guilt because so many people had planned on coming to those shows,” she said, in part. “But I was also so grateful to the authorities because thanks to them, we were grieving concerts and not lives.”

Swift added that she was “heartened by the love and unity” she saw in fans following the cancellations — many of them gathered to sing in Vienna together — and her team worked “hand in hand with stadium staff and British authorities” to make sure the London shows were as safe as possible.

 

Taylor Swift

“I decided that all of my energy had to go toward helping to protect the nearly half a million people I had coming to see the shows in London,” she continued.

Swift went on to say that she intentionally did not comment on the Vienna cancellations.

“Let me be very clear: I am not going to speak about something publicly if I think doing so might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to my shows,” she wrote. “In cases like this one, ‘silence’ is actually showing restraint, and waiting to express yourself at a time when it’s right to. My priority was finishing our European tour safely, and it is with great relief that I can say we did that.”

Taylor Swift

Swift went on to celebrate her shows at Wembley Stadium — writing it felt “like a beautiful dream sequence” — and the end of this leg of the tour.

“We’ll see you all again when we resume The Eras Tour in October, but for now we get to take a much needed rest,” she concluded. “Thank you for the adventure of a lifetime. May it continue…”

Swift will return to the stage on Oct. 18 at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium. She has several more shows in North America — New Orleans, Indianapolis, Toronto and Vancouver — before concluding the tour in early December.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY44 minutes ago

President Trump Imposes Sweeping Tariffs on the Rest of the World: Here’s how the world is reacting and how Americans could be affected…

CELEBRITY1 hour ago

Fans rip into Travis Kelce for blaming NFL struggles on Taylor Swift fame: ‘Loved it as much as her but…’

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

Watch the Emotional moment Travis Kelce meets niece Finnley on New Heights for the first time But what he said gave a hint to the fact that…

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

The Latest Updates on Elon Musk’s Paternity and Custody Drama with Ashley St. Clair

CELEBRITY12 hours ago

Kylie Kelce REVEALS Anne Kelce’s FACE FOR THE FIRST TIME—Then Reveals SHOCKING Information About Her Newborn Baby!

CELEBRITY1 day ago

SHOCKING NEWS: Suri Cruise, Daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Splits with Toby Cohen and Starts a New Relationship—What’s Making Headlines is Her Comments About… CONTINUE READING ⤵️ ⤵️

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Congrats to Jason and Kylie Kelce on the birth of Finnley Anne!!! 😍

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Swifties and Chiefs Kingdom are losing their minds over the latest rumor: Taylor Swift might be cooking up her 12th album with none other than Travis Kelce by her side! A newly surfaced Video has set the internet ablaze, showing the power couple in what appears to be a recording studio, with Travis seemingly…See more ⤵️ ⤵️

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s Secret Charity: Power Couple’s Big Giveback Goes Viral

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Travis Kelce Admits He Finds Taylor Swift Boring And Unattractive—Says It’s Time To Let Her Go because it’s as though they are both faking it…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING: After 14years, Chris Hemsworth files for divorce from wife Elsa Pataky after she neglected all the necessity between… See more

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Patrick Mahomes opens up about the STRANGE condition of his newborn baby, and the whole family is immersed in a gloomy atmosphere.😮😲 Patrick Mahomes, the renowned quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs, and his wife, Brittany Mahomes, recently faced a concerning health situation with their infant son, Patrick “Bronze” Lavon Mahomes III. Read more 👇👇👇

Copyright © 2024 Luxurydiorusa