Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Barry Keoghan Explains Why He Deactivated His Instagram After Sabrina Carpenter Breakup: ‘I can only sit and take so much, it’s all about… See more

Published

on

 

Barry Keoghan has deactivated his Instagram account and made his first public comment in the wake of his breakup from Sabrina Carpenter.

After deactivating the account, Keoghan, 32, released a statement on X (formerly Twitter) on Saturday, Dec. 7, to explain his departure. A source previously confirmed to PEOPLE on Dec. 3. that he and Carpenter, 25, “decided to take a break” after a year of dating.

“I can only sit and take so much,” the Saltburn actor began his message, noting that his name has been “dragged across the internet.”

“I have to respond now because it’s gettin to a place where too many lines are being crossed. I deactivated my [Instagram] account because I can no longer let this stuff distract from my family and my work,” he wrote.

The Dunkirk actor noted that “no person should ever have to read” the messages he has received, adding, “Absolute lies, hatred, disgusting commentary about my appearance, character, how I am as a parent and every other inhumane thing you can imagine.”

Keoghan also revealed that people have been harassing his mother and grandmother and “sitting outside my baby boys door intimidating them.”

 

“That’s crossing a line,” he emphasized.

Keoghan defended himself as a father as well as make a plea for decency on behalf of his son Brando, 2, whom he shares with ex Alyson Sandro.

“Each and every day I work harder to push myself on every level to be the healthiest and strongest person for that boy,” he explained. “I want to provide opportunities for him to learn, fail and grow. I want him to be able to look up to his daddy, to have full trust in me and know I will have his back no matter what.”

“I want you to [remember] that he has to read ALL of this about his father when he is older,” he concluded. “Please be respectful to all.”

A few days after Keoghan and Carpenter split, another source told PEOPLE that he is “doing better than ever.”

“He is at his strongest and happiest and is the best version of himself to date,” the source continued. “He has been very resilient and triumphed through a lot to be in this place. He worked hard to get here and remains focused – and though he and Sabrina are on a break – that isn’t setting him back in any way – he has a lot of fortitude.”

The insider said that the actor was a “fantastic boyfriend” and was “very present” throughout the relationship, adding, “He worked very hard to be there for her when she needed someone most.”

The source also addressed the infidelity rumors that have been swirling since the breakup, insisting it was not a factor in the split.

“He was always very faithful to her from the start, there was no third party involved in their break or at any other point in their relationship. Reports indicating otherwise are entirely fabricated,” the source added.

The actor and “Espresso” singer first sparked romance rumors when they were spotted at dinner together in December 2023 after meeting earlier that year at Paris Fashion Week.

The pair attended the 2024 Met Gala together, and Keoghan famously appeared in the music video for Carpenter’s song “Please, Please, Please.”

At the time, Carpenter noted that the decision to cast her boyfriend was “unbiased.” “I was like, ‘Who’s the greatest actor that I can find for this music video?’ And he was next to me in a chair,” she said while appearing on CBS Sunday Morning in October.

Keoghan also spoke extremely highly of the singer while appearing on Sirius XM’s The Jess Cagle Show in November.

“I don’t know anyone who works as hard. I’m in awe watching her work and how committed and the standards that she sets.”

Keoghan recently wrapped Netflix’s The Immortal Man and is now filming Amazon’s Crime 101. He is also set to star in Bring Them Down as well Hurry Up Tomorrow opposite Jenna Ortega.

Carpenter, who has not commented on the split, is ending her busy year with Netflix’s A Nonsense Christmas with Sabrina Carpenter.

CELEBRITY5 hours ago

BREAKING: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Enjoy a Private Retreat Before Their Hectic Schedules Pick Up Again…

CELEBRITY5 hours ago

Breaking News: Airport Staff Kicked Out Brittany Mahomes, But Regretted It When Patrick Mahomes Arrived…

CELEBRITY16 hours ago

At 17, Brad Pitt’s Daughter Confirms Rumors Of…

CELEBRITY16 hours ago

Why Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce have suddenly disappeared from the limelight The couple, who began dating during the summer of 2023, has…

CELEBRITY16 hours ago

BREAKING: Tom Brady Slams Jason Kelce and Kylie Kelce on Fox News for Parading Their Newborn Daughter Finn Anna Kelce During Episodes of ‘New Heights with Travis Kelce’ and ‘Not Gonna Lie’ Barely Days After Kylie Gave Birth

CELEBRITY2 days ago

President Trump Imposes Sweeping Tariffs on the Rest of the World: Here’s how the world is reacting and how Americans could be affected…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Fans rip into Travis Kelce for blaming NFL struggles on Taylor Swift fame: ‘Loved it as much as her but…’

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Watch the Emotional moment Travis Kelce meets niece Finnley on New Heights for the first time But what he said gave a hint to the fact that…

CELEBRITY2 days ago

The Latest Updates on Elon Musk’s Paternity and Custody Drama with Ashley St. Clair

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Kylie Kelce REVEALS Anne Kelce’s FACE FOR THE FIRST TIME—Then Reveals SHOCKING Information About Her Newborn Baby!

CELEBRITY3 days ago

SHOCKING NEWS: Suri Cruise, Daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Splits with Toby Cohen and Starts a New Relationship—What’s Making Headlines is Her Comments About… CONTINUE READING ⤵️ ⤵️

CELEBRITY3 days ago

Congrats to Jason and Kylie Kelce on the birth of Finnley Anne!!! 😍

Copyright © 2024 Luxurydiorusa