Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Watch the Moment Mike Tyson’s past catches up as he meets a man he robbed as a teenager 😭😭 But his response to the man is… See more

Published

on

 

Mike Tyson might be ‘The Baddest Man on the Planet’ but he has a gentle side.

During a recent Netflix shoot ahead of his comeback fight against Jake Paul this Friday – nearly two decades since his last pro bout – Tyson had an odd run-in. In New York City, a local man told the former heavyweight champion that he’d robbed him when he was a boy as the two posed for a photograph.

“You robbed me when I was eight years old on Amboy and Pitkin,” the man said. Despite his hard-knock youth, having been arrested 38 times by the age of 13, Tyson’s reaction to the claim was one of genuine surprise.

He gave the man a hug and expressed disbelief, asking: “I robbed you?” He then told the camera crew: “Now he’s blaming me for robbing him… Yeah, at Woolworth’s. We took our pictures in there. I’m sorry.”

It’s no secret that Tyson, 58, had a tough childhood. He grew up in Brownsville, Brooklyn, one of the most poverty-stricken areas of the Big Apple. His father abandoned the family early on, and a strained relationship with his mother meant Tyson’s upbringing was anything but stable.

He had numerous stints in juvenile detention centers across New York, but it was behind bars that Tyson found his calling to the ring. Bobby Stewart, a detention centre counselor, spotted Tyson’s potential when he was just 14 years old and introduced him to Cus D’Amato, the man who not only became his boxing manager but also his adoptive father after the death of his mother.

 

“When I met Cus D’Amato, I knew I was gonna be champ of the world when I was 14,” Tyson said. “He knew how to stimulate my mind. ‘You could be the champion of the world at 18, 19, but you don’t even believe it.’ And then I was like, ‘Really, you think so?’ He said, ‘I put my life on it’.”

D’Amato passed away in 1985, just months after the start of Tyson’s professional career. By that time, ‘Iron Mike’ had already secured 11 consecutive victories – eight of them being first-round knockouts.

He clinched the heavyweight championship title in 1986 and made history as the first heavyweight to simultaneously hold all three major belts (WBA, WBC and IBF) in 1987. The New York-native remained unbeaten for another three years until he was surprisingly defeated by Buster Douglas in 1990.

In 1996, he reclaimed his heavyweight title but lost it to Evander Holyfield a few months later. Tyson hung up his gloves in 2005 with a professional record of 50 wins and 44 knockouts from 58 fights. Since retiring, he has participated in two exhibition matches, one in 2006 and another in 2020.

His showdown with Paul, which takes place at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, will be broadcast live on Netflix. The bout, categorized as a heavyweight contest, was initially slated for July but was delayed after Tyson experienced an ulcer flare-up on a flight.

Paul, who is over three decades younger than Tyson, has secured 10 victories from his 11 professional bouts, with his sole loss against Tommy Fury – brother of Tyson Fury – in 2023.

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

President Trump Imposes Sweeping Tariffs on the Rest of the World: Here’s how the world is reacting and how Americans could be affected…

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

Fans rip into Travis Kelce for blaming NFL struggles on Taylor Swift fame: ‘Loved it as much as her but…’

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

Watch the Emotional moment Travis Kelce meets niece Finnley on New Heights for the first time But what he said gave a hint to the fact that…

CELEBRITY22 hours ago

The Latest Updates on Elon Musk’s Paternity and Custody Drama with Ashley St. Clair

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Kylie Kelce REVEALS Anne Kelce’s FACE FOR THE FIRST TIME—Then Reveals SHOCKING Information About Her Newborn Baby!

CELEBRITY2 days ago

SHOCKING NEWS: Suri Cruise, Daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Splits with Toby Cohen and Starts a New Relationship—What’s Making Headlines is Her Comments About… CONTINUE READING ⤵️ ⤵️

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Congrats to Jason and Kylie Kelce on the birth of Finnley Anne!!! 😍

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Swifties and Chiefs Kingdom are losing their minds over the latest rumor: Taylor Swift might be cooking up her 12th album with none other than Travis Kelce by her side! A newly surfaced Video has set the internet ablaze, showing the power couple in what appears to be a recording studio, with Travis seemingly…See more ⤵️ ⤵️

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s Secret Charity: Power Couple’s Big Giveback Goes Viral

CELEBRITY3 days ago

Travis Kelce Admits He Finds Taylor Swift Boring And Unattractive—Says It’s Time To Let Her Go because it’s as though they are both faking it…

CELEBRITY3 days ago

BREAKING: After 14years, Chris Hemsworth files for divorce from wife Elsa Pataky after she neglected all the necessity between… See more

CELEBRITY3 days ago

Patrick Mahomes opens up about the STRANGE condition of his newborn baby, and the whole family is immersed in a gloomy atmosphere.😮😲 Patrick Mahomes, the renowned quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs, and his wife, Brittany Mahomes, recently faced a concerning health situation with their infant son, Patrick “Bronze” Lavon Mahomes III. Read more 👇👇👇

Copyright © 2024 Luxurydiorusa